This blog is what it's named - my writer's notebook. All my thoughts, tidbits of inspiration and ideas are culminated here. If you like reading creative pieces or random thought splatter, this is the blog for you. Skip around as much as you like, no matter where you start or end, it will all make as little or as much sense as it would in order.

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Sassy

          I didn't hear anyone knocking at the door. I didn't hear the door open. I was napping in my room when I finally woke up to my mother yelling,
          "Sam!"
          I rolled out of bed, quite literally rolled, and hiked up my pants as far as they could go. Last year they'd been two sizes too big for me, now I could only squeeze into them on a good day.
          "Samantha!" my mom screamed again. "Come downstairs!"
          "Yeah, Mom! Give me a minute." I brushed my hand through my hair once or twice, then headed downstairs. I wasn't prepared to see Zeal. I wouldn't have come down if I'd known he was there. I wouldn't have come down if I'd know anyone was there aside from my mom. And I didn't even recognize Zeal for the first few seconds I looked at him. Somehow, he'd gotten more gorgeous. College had given him greater muscle tone, a copper complexion and two more piercings. I'd gotten the freshman fifty.
          "Sassy!" Zeal said when he saw me, and pulled me into a tight hug, kissing my hair. His arms no longer wrapped far enough around my waist to tickle the sides of my belly. My throat tightened.
          "Hey," I said dryly. I noticed my mom had left the room. I was horrified and relieved. If she had stayed, I wouldn't have to face Zeal by myself, but now that she was gone I only had to be humiliated in front of one person. Besides, I hated my mom for letting Zeal in and tricking me into coming downstairs.
          Zeal pulled back to look at me and brushed a strand of hair out of my face. I was burning.
          "My beautiful, beautiful Sassy," Zeal said, his thumb rubbing against my cheek. "I missed you."
          And that's when I started sobbing.

No comments:

Post a Comment